Sunday, February 3, 2013

I'm fired!














 

A year back,
I entered the premises,
I was happy, I had dream in my eyes;
I got a place, also I got one boss
I started working so hard,
that my life went for a toss. 

Life was a bliss till next appraisal,
till the lay-off began, till that gloomy morning,
till I found the "Holy Pink Slip" on my table.
Impeccably enveloped!
Name neatly scribbled!
The letter of dismissal! 

A feeling of abandonment;
a many questions unanswered;
a future undestined and blurred;
on the brink of helplessness, I stood
unappreciated, unacclaimed, unrecognized!

Since my first day of work, I've been loyal
In return, what I got back is nothing but betrayal!
I had a life, I had recognition, I had dreams a million
Now, nothing but angst and agony are my new companion!
No one hires me now, I'm tired
I got a bad name...coz I'm fired!

12 comments:

  1. Don't feel sad when you didn't do any mistake. Loss is theirs to lose you who has done so much for the company!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...but it is more about feeling of anxiety, frustration, betrayal than sadness.

      Delete
  2. I hope not this happened...but its one of the best writings on FIRED

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately it was not me :) but I've seen one of my very close friends gone through this phase!

      Delete
  3. Hi Himadri,

    I can totally relate to this post.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts and views through this poem.
    Keep posting good stuff :)

    Regards

    Jay
    My Newest Blog Post | My Entry to Indiblogger Get Published

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well written dude. Don't loose heart, keep trying. I wish U all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Himadri, I've nominated your name for the Liebster Blog Award! Congrats! Please follow this link to know the details. http://guspazha-chinar.blogspot.in/2013/02/voila-my-liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! I loved the bgm <3
    So pleasant!
    What's the name of this instrumental?
    Can I add it to my playlist?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure...it's " The Moment" from Kenny G.

      He played some of the greatest instrumental music thru saxophone.

      Delete
    2. Cool 8)
      Thanks for the info :)

      Delete