Monday, February 11, 2013

The Whisper


 
 
A faint whisper,
feeble, yet sensible;
lingered gently on my ear
from the back of my shoulder.
 
Whisper,
that reminded me of my deeds of yesteryear,
truths unpleasant to hear,
sins I committed in the past,
stories unspoken to anyone.
 
Was it real, or a hallucination?
Or may be a dark premonition!
"who is this", I whimpered
No one answered, the whisper unperturbed.
I hated it to hear; hated it from my heart.
 
A peek at the back, all I wanted
I opened my eyes and saw a shadow on the wall i faced
The shadow was lurking me, made me sick
I stood up and moved my neck.
The curtain was still, in my room I was alone
A shadow was still there, this time that was Mine!

8 comments:

  1. We often think who is guiding us but the light comes from within, in the form of blaze or whisper. Lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Saru. Many times I go thru this realization and don't know why most of the time I don't like this !

      Delete
  2. past can either haunt us or guide us... nothing more

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn! conscience.

    Beautifully penned, btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your conscience is the measure of the honesty of your selfishness :)Thanks for stepping into my space.

      Delete
  4. the voices from inside speak the loudest ! wonderfully penned . you have detailed the thoughts clearly :)

    ReplyDelete