Saturday, March 30, 2013

Dream of dawn




Remember! That chilly winter night
I kept gazing at you,
Your countenance; serene yet bright.
Your eyes made a promise under the starry sky,
With the west wind blowing, to hold my hands forever.
A promise that touched my heart! 
A promise that made me cry!

I loved to be lost at your quirk,
To smile at the slope of your cheek
To dip at your thoughts umpteen
I loved you, no one else, my queen.
I loved you! And I love you
I hope you did too. Didn't you?
Our story bloomed like a flower,
Spread its fragrance, 
And withered silently in a whisper.

Though you are, no longer with me
I find you still, held in my arms, in my dream.
Dream!
Dream of dawn- fresh and vivid
Leaves me with a sweet unrest, and
A stark realization- it's just a dream
But I do hope!
I do hope my dream come true.
The dream I long
The dream of dawn!

8 comments:

  1. people say that the dreams of dawn often come true :)
    I hope yours does too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All our wishes are true in our dreams, wish and pray they all should come true in reality too! :)

    Beautiful poem :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valli :) Dreams are dreams...they just create hope :)

      Delete
  3. dropping by after long:) this poem is truly stirring. Something any reader could relate to easily. Great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. actually, i don't understand poetry or rather i don't really know how to appreciate them, but yours is probably one of those few poetry blogs i wouldn't mind going through again and again.

    this is such a wonderful piece of writing! we all can connect with this poem at some level.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot Debajyoti. Your appreciation actually means a lot!

    ReplyDelete